Welcome to the Step-by-Step Wedding Prep Podcast - The weekly show where we teach you everything you need to know to plan your wedding like a pro!
On today's episode, we welcome Margaret Brower, Director of Sales for the Bonura Hospitality Group. Margaret is a planning powerhouse who's planned over 3,200 weddings in New York and Long Island Combined, and her expertise has led her to speaking engagements at leading hospitality conferences all over the Country.
If you've come to the decision that you'll need to reschedule your wedding, and aren't sure where to go from here, we got you covered. We discuss all the things you need to know and be aware of other than just changing your date.
Margaret and I discuss...
- How to find a new wedding date
- Making sure you ask about the "What-if's", even if, right now, you plan on going ahead with your wedding
- How to deal with guest minimums at your venue if people can't make it on your new date
- Being aware that a new date on a new day could effect your budget, both in a positive or negative way
- making sure your menu reflects your new guest list and isn't too much or too little food
- Deal-breakers such as specific family members not being able to make it to your new date
- Working with your vendors
- Notifying your guests
- Working through your emotions
- SO MUCH MORE!
Stay tuned to the end of the show when I ask Margaret 5 Fun Questions! Learn about an interesting conversation she had with a complete stranger that changed her entire life and her appearance on a beloved game show!
To learn more about the Bonura Hospitality Group or to book a venue tour at any one of their four locations, please visit:
www.BonuraWeddings.com for a complete overview of all their properties and venues which include -
As always, if you have a wedding planning questions you'd like answered on the show, we'd love to hear from you. Join the conversation online at:
IG: @SBSWeddingPrep (#sbsweddingprep, #weddingwednesdays)
If you are a Hudson Valley Bride or Groom, please make sure you check out Wedding Connections of the Hudson Valley, a blog specific to your Hudson Valley needs with local insights,real Hudson Valley wedding photo inspiration, and more.
IG: @wedconnecthv #wedconnecthv
Music by Chris Orazi, Mixing by Nate Terry at C.A.S. Music Production