Welcome to the Step-by-Step Wedding Prep Podcast - The weekly show where we teach you everything you need to know to plan your wedding like a pro!
On today's episode, we help couples who might be on the fence about eloping decide if it's right for them. To help answer that question, we welcome Maria Krein, owner of Adventure Elopements of the Hudson Valley.
If you've ever thought about an elopement but aren't sure what it is, or if you've grown up with a stigma around them, or if you're seriously on the fence and aren't sure what to do, this is the episode for you!
Maria and I discuss...
- The status of elopements now and, if they, like traditional weddings, are being postponed as well
- What you need to know about your marriage license even if you are eloping
- The trend of doing something small now and having a bigger celebration later on
- How elopements can ease the sense of "wedding competition" and living up to others expectations
- If elopements are actually cheaper
- Advice for those who really can't decide and the one thing that might help you make your decision
- The difference between an adventure elopement and a traditional elopement
- Restrictions when it comes to elopements
- And so much more!
Plus, as we do with all our guests, we ask Maria 5 fun question at the end of the show!
To learn more about Adventure Elopements of the Hudson Valley, please visit
As always, if you have a wedding planning questions you'd like answered on the show, we'd love to hear from you. Join the conversation online at:
IG: @SBSWeddingPrep (#sbsweddingprep, #weddingwednesdays)
If you are a Hudson Valley Bride or Groom, please make sure you check out Wedding Connections of the Hudson Valley, a blog specific to your Hudson Valley needs with local insights,real Hudson Valley wedding photo inspiration, and more.
IG: @wedconnecthv #wedconnecthv
Music by Chris Orazi, Mixing by Nate Terry at C.A.S. Music Production