Welcome to the Step-by-Step Wedding Prep Podcast - The weekly show where we teach you everything you need to know to plan your wedding like a pro!
On today's episode, we have plus-size bridal expert, Shafonne Myers. She is the owner of Pretty Pear Bride, a plus-size bridal magazine; host of the Pretty Pear Life - a podcast for curvey, confident plus-size women; and a self-love and body positivity coach.
If you've ever looked in the mirror and see all your "imperfections" instead of your amazing, beautiful, self - this is the episode you need to listen to!
Shafonne and I discuss...
- How to feel confident in your own skin and tips and strategies to help you do that
- How your wedding dress can't mask these "imperfections"...you need to wear your dress, your dress doesn't wear you
- The number one trigger that most brides don't know about that can send them into a self-hate spiral
- How mirror work and ridding your environment of "toxic" triggers can lead to self-love
- The comparison-itis trap so many brides fall victim to
- So much more
I also ask Shafonne 5 Fun Questions at the end...learn about her interesting early career, the most amazing family dinners, and her ultimate goal -which she puts out in the universe on today's show.
To learn more about Shafonne and the Pretty Pear Bride, you can find her at:
Podcast - Pretty Pear Life
As always, we'd love to hear from you
Join the conversation online at:
IG: @SBSWeddingPrep (#sbsweddingprep, #weddingwednesdays)
If you are a Hudson Valley Bride or Groom, please make sure you check out Wedding Connections of the Hudson Valley, a blog specific to your Hudson Valley needs with local insights,real Hudson Valley wedding photo inspiration, and more.
IG: @wedconnecthv #wedconnecthv
Music by Chris Orazi, Mixing by Nate Terry at C.A.S. Music Production