Welcome to the Step-by-Step Wedding Prep Podcast - The weekly show where we teach you everything you need to know to plan your wedding like a pro!
On today's episode, we welcome Claudia Hanlin, owner and founder of The Wedding Library, a luxury wedding planning and design company that has grown to become New York City's largest wedding planning business. She's been a contributing editor for Martha Stewart Weddings, producer of Martha Stewart’s Wedding Party - the US’s premier consumer bridal show - and has been named top wedding planner by Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, Vogue, the Knot and Modern Bride.
If you've never considered hiring a wedding planner, or maybe you have but dismissed it entirely because of budget concerns. This episode is eye-opening!
if you’re really stressing out trying to keep all the moving parts in motion and staying organized, if you’re not sure what happens when and are constantly seeking advice on how to do any part of the planning for your day, or if you’ve ever thought that having someone do all the heavy lifting for you would really make your life so much easier, then you definitely want to listen to today’s show.
Claudia and I discuss...
- What a wedding planner is and what they ACTUALLY do
- If you are hiring one person or a team
- Different types of planning services available and what they offer
- Reasons why you SHOULDN'T hire a wedding planner
- What the process of hiring a planner looks like
- How much you can expect to pay for a planner
- How a planner can help you even AFTER you've booked all your vendors
- The fact that even with a planner, you have TOTAL control
- How to save time and money by hiring a planner
- 3 ways wedding planners can actually SAVE you money
- What you can do if you REALLY don't have the money to hire a planner but desperately need some help
- SO MUCH MORE!
Stay tuned to the end of the show when I ask Claudia 5 Fun Questions and learn about how she got into the business of wedding planning
To learn more about Claudia and The Wedding Library or to book a consultation with her, please visit:
As always, if you have a wedding planning questions you'd like answered on the show, we'd love to hear from you. Join the conversation online at:
IG: @SBSWeddingPrep (#sbsweddingprep, #weddingwednesdays)
If you are a Hudson Valley Bride or Groom, please make sure you check out Wedding Connections of the Hudson Valley, a blog specific to your Hudson Valley needs with local insights,real Hudson Valley wedding photo inspiration, and more.
IG: @wedconnecthv #wedconnecthv
Music by Chris Orazi, Mixing by Nate Terry at C.A.S. Music Production